Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sing a happy hello

Hi Peeps here's another cutie I found on Simon Says Stamp Shop...she's sing
I like her Hawaiian look...
For this card I was inspired by Anyone for Anya and Frends Challenge- Photo
 
Wow look at the clear blue sea and the coconut trees....I want to go there for a holiday!
So for my card I choose to use the colours blues and greens.
I have also used Jen's Deconstructed sketch 15

And here is my card .....ta da
I started with a white cardstock as my base and stain it,
 with Tim Holtz's  broken china distress stain.
( saw his video- it's so cool wanted to give it a try.I love it!)
It gives the effect of the sea water.
The paper is Basic Grey's Oxford collection.
The starfish ribbon is from my  ReallyReasonableRibbons ,
August ribbon club pack .Just nice to use for this card.
Have embellished the card with blue gems,ribbon and flowers.
The small punch out flowers are leftovers of a boarder punch,Have used Wild Orchid Crafts FS00147 Deep Turqoise Cherry Blossom and blue gypsophila flowers and Prima flowers for the tag.
the leaves is a quickutz's die.
I inked her flower and her instrument orange red for a tropical look.
Have also added glossy accents and stickles.
For the inside I just layered the DP add a text on the circle and accented it with gems and a flower.

Would like to send this card in for these challenges

Anyone for Anya and Friends - Photo Inspiration
Papertake Weekly - Bingo ( Gems/ Ribbon/ Blooms)
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C101 -Bingo -
 Square card/Die cuts-the leaves and circles/2 or more papers

Thanks again for popping in for a look.
till my next card...

Stamps -  The Greeting Farm -Sing, Blush Hello
Hero Arts CL380 Truly Appreciated,CL140 Clear Design Thinking of you
Paper -DCWV-  White Cardstock ,Basic Grey -Oxford Collection
Embellishments - Flowers -Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbons -Really Reasonable Ribbons
Dies -Quickutz,The Life Style Crafts, Friskers -scallop boarder punch

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen, you've been busy since I last left a comment, so many fabulous makes, they are all very inspiring.

    Today's card is so beautiful, love the stained paper and all the interesting details.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous creation this week Doreen! Love the stained paper... you clever thing! Thanks for joining in at Anyone for Anya? this week.
    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    PS Congrats on your Mystery Monday win! xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi doreen! love the look and the colors on this card! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just cute! I really like you take on the sketch and the extras you added are just perfect! Thanks for joining this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete